Monday 7 November 2011

Strictly Come Dancing News - Week 6

Pase Doble Success!
This week was another success for Russell and Flavia - they Pasa Doble-d all the way into next week's show, hurrah!
We were watching Russell, and cheering you on as always! We loved the radical interpration - what a great surprise!
Over to you for an update - hope the nail varnish remover did the trick!

So…… The Paso Doble was my passport to another week in “Strictly Come Dancing” I hope you enjoyed the comic interpretation of this dramatic dance that Flavia and I produced on Saturday night.

From Anita’s Charleston to Chelsee’s Charleston we were treated to a spectacular evening of ever rising standards and styles. As the weeks fly by I am sure you’ve noticed the work levels rising and the performances becoming more and more exacting and exhausting.


We are all hoping Artem’s painful injury will ease over the weekend. I feel sure his determination to carry on will carry him through, but we all have to be careful and it just goes to show that even the fittest of and even the most highly trained can sometimes be taken by surprise by our bodies. Nevertheless Artem danced his way through the pain barrier and carried on to produce a “Cool and sophisticated” jive that captivated us all with its energy and intensity. Holly and Artem deserved every one of their 34 points.


Topping the score board were Chelsee and Pasha with a “Pleasing, teasing” brilliant performance that our Craig proclaimed “FAB-U-LOUS” and so it was!

So far as points are concerned it wasn’t Jason’s week and it wasn’t Robbie’s either but we all know that there are some dances that bring out our best and some we find more difficult and challenging. Even so both gave us wonderful performances and both were receptive to the advice and guidance of the judges.

Flavia and I were the eighth couple to take the floor in a light hearted interpretation of the Paso Doble. Last Thursday I blogged “our version will be very, very different” and I am sure you agree now you’ve seen it. Once again Craig was reduced to a single “ASTONISHING!”. Jennifer, standing in for Len thought it “Entertaining” Alesha “Loved it”. Bruno caught the essence proclaiming: “It was a Benny Hill version of a Paso Doble – demented and fabulous.”


Sadly, each week we have to say goodbye to one of our company. This week it was my friend Lulu and her partner Brendan. We will all miss them and we will remember her stunning Halloween performance.

Back to Wales for a short rest. Tomorrow I shall be catching up with Flavia in the afternoon, that will give me a little time to write some horoscopes, catch up with the fan mail and, I believe, there are one or two newspapers who want to speak to me about Saturday’s show.

It’s a long journey each week from north Wales to London and back again, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. There really is “No place like home” and the mountain air of Snowdonia, the company of friends and neighbours and the chance to chat with people at our local shops make the trip worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone at our local Porthmadog supermarket who turned the store upside down searching for nail varnish remover! My wonderful make-up department gave me black fingernails for the Pasodoble. Rushing for the car I forgot to take it off before leaving Television Centre. Amazingly I had none at home. My god-daughter Lucy came to the rescue in the end – you can always rely on her!


More from me on Thursday about the week’s practice session - the next dance? American Smooth to I Am What I Am - rather me don't you think! Thanks again for all your wonderful messages and the encouragement and generous support you send me.


“Thanks for being there!”






No comments:

Post a Comment