25 little days to go!
Gosh, where did 2012 disappear to? Here at the Oakeley Arms, we can hardly believe it's very nearly December already! But, we're all set for the countdown to Christmas - it'll be a busy few weeks for us here with Christmas menus, parties, dinners, buffets and presents, but that'll just make that big glass of fizz on Christmas morning taste even better.
So, in case you're stuck for ideas, here's the things that the month of December is just made for.......
- Get writing that letter to Santa. It might take some time to convince him that you really have been good this year.....
- Get that tree up!!
- Start making the Christmas pudding and cake? Or alternatively, think about where to buy it from (anything for an easy life!!). For a selection of the best, click here
- Snuggle up and watch a Christmas film! Yeah, forget about the cooking, shopping and list-making. Get festive Hollywood style and watch a classic - The Grinch, Love Actually, Santa Claus the Movie, It's a Wonderful Life.... Which is your favourite?
- Write a list! Christmas is the season for list writing, so start yours today. Got several lists already? Then start a list of lists....
- Go to a Christmas market - see this week's previous Oakeley blog post for our pick of the best.
- Bake some Christmas cookies, mmmmmmmm!! Check out the BBC Good Food website for some great ideas.
- You can open that chocolate advent calendar now, at last!!
- Book tickets for a local pantomime. They'r behhhhhhhhhhhhind you! Find listings of what's on and where, click here.
- Organise a Christmas meal for your friends. Can't be bothered to cook? No problem - come and check out the Oakeley's yummy Christmas menu!
- Have a drink... go on, it's Christmas!!
And, if you need a reminder of the Christmas countdown, then keep this link somewhere handy.....
Image by MeiTeng on sxc.hu