Sunshine at last!!
Wow, how giddy are we here at the Oakeley Arms? We are SO happy that the sun has decided to join us this summer at last. Better late than never!
Sadly, we don't have a lot of spare time to spend lazing around in the sunshine, but this lovely weather got us thinking about all the fabulous things to do in Snowdonia when the sun is out. Here's our favourites:
- Climb Snowdon! There's nothing better than climbing the King of Snowdonia mountains on a clear, sunny day. The view from the top is to die for. Pack a picnic and don't forget plenty of water and sunscreen. And we'll see you in the Oakeley Bar for a well deserved beer afterwards!
- Go to the beach! The beautiful peaks of Snowdonia sweep dramatically down to the sea to form over 200 miles of stunning coastline along the coast of the Snowdonia National Park. Our favourite beaches nearby are at Borth-y-Gest and Harlech, both of which are close to the Oakeley Arms.
- Visit and outdoor attraction! There are lots of fabulous Snowdonia attractions on the Oakeley's doorstep that are brilliant fun in the sunny weather. You could explore the beautiful gardens and beaches at nearby Portmeirion Village, or how about a visit to the gorgeous animals and fairies at Gypsy Wood Park? If you're a history nut, then you could go back in time and explore the haunting ruins of Harlech, Criccieth and Caernarfon Castles.
Gypsy Wood Park
- Go for a walk! If tackling Wales' highest mountain isn't your bag, then don't worry! There are loads of low-level walks you could do, with some beautiful areas to explore. There are even some fabulous walks that leave straight from the Oakeley Arms. See the previous blog posts here and here for more details.
Vale of Ffestiniog
- Sit back and relax! Ok, so it's great to get out and about in the sunny weather, but it's also great to sit back and top up the vitamin D levels. The Oakeley Arms has a lovely sunny beer garden where you can relax and enjoy one of our fab refreshing cold lagers or ciders. See you there!!