Ready, Steady, GO
There's a few fun things happening in the next few weeks - bank holidays, Easter-egg hunts, Easter egg eating, more bank holidays and of course let's not forget the good old Grand National 2012!
The Grand National is the nation's favourite horse racing event, and is arguably the world's most famous steeplechase races; it's steeped in history and is the ultimate test of endurance, for both the horse and the jockey.
image by oxyman on wikicommons
Red Rum - a National legend!
DID YOU KNOW??
- the Grand National is televised in 140 countries and it watched by over 600 million people!
- the total prize fund for 2012 is £975,000!
- there are 16 fences on the racecourse, but most are jumped twice.
- the Grand National was first broadcast on the radio in 1927
- Not only is Red Rum the record holder for the most wins - he won in 1974, 1975 and 1977, but he is the most legendary National horse.
- Kirkland was the only ever Welsh trained horse to win a National in 1905
This year it's all happening on Saturday 14th April, so you've got a couple of weeks to pick your winner and place your bets!
You can see a list of the runners and hot-tips here.
image by RacingKel on wikicommons