So, it's that time of year again. Here at the Oakeley Arms, we're joining in with the rest of the nation as we all collectively loosens our belt buckles after throwing calorie caution to the wind. Our well stuffed bellies are still happily round after a huge Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and the 487 Quality Streets eaten in front of favourite festive films.
Well, if you want to shift the festive pounds and make those Christmas calories cry, why not check out the Ramblers Festival of Winter Walks - taking place between the 22nd December and the 6th Jan.
There are loads of events taking place across the country, organised by Ramblers Cymru. From short countryside ambles to day-long guided mountain walks, there really is something for everyone.
Image by MidnightA on sxc.hu
You can find out more details of the walks nearby using the handy map search - click here.
Did you know that a regular brisk walk can help to:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce harmful cholesterol levels
- Lower body fat and burn calories
- Give an instant energy boost
- Enhance your mood and emotional well being
- Increase bone density and so reducing the risk of osteoporosis
- Help our bodies to stay flexible, strong and healthy
All this, as well as getting to know your local area, appreciating the great outdoors and making the most of the stunning area that we live in. Wow, what are we waiting for. Grab your walking boots and see you there!
Image by benjipie on sxc.hu